Welcome to the Room of More!
This week, I am attending a conference in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I have committed to particpating in more leadership roles within the organization. While attending the Leadership Congress session yesterday, I began to introduce myself to another attendee. We hit it off right away. I aim to seeing others for who they "really" are and honoring their presence and narrative. We talked all day. Of course, I invited her to take more of a leadership role along side me. In additon, I volunteered to collaborate with her for a session for next year's conference. Then, at the afternoon reception, she said (out of nowhere) do you know what I like about you, why I felt okay talking to you; I said no. I began to hold my breathe. I began to wonder if I wanted to know that answer. She proceded to tell me, "I spoke to you because immediately I notice you were warm, genuine or real, and you were involved." OMG! This made my heart smile. I expressed my gratitute. It feels good to know that someone's first impression was positive and reflected warmth and love.
So this post is just to encourage you! And remember:
1) Be YOU! Be authentic and navigate the world authentically. Interact authentically.
2) Offer more! Push others toward their greatness. If you see something in them, share it.
3) Get involved! If you are passionate and interested in certain areas or roles, volunteer to serve. Be willing to commit to something greater than yourself.
4) Let love lead! Lead with your heart. Come from a place of love and support.
5) Express gratitude! Be sure to tell others how much you appreciate them in the moment. Don't wait.
6) SMILE! As you interact authentically, share more, get involved, lead with love, and express gratitiude, be sure to do it all with a SMILE.
Then, the doors of greatness will open, and you can walk right into your destiny.
Aspire for more!
T. F. Donaldson,Ph.D., The Catalyst, helps you move into the direction of more and prepare for what's next. Her life's purpose is to improve the experiences of others and get others to aspire for more. Dr. Tammy's mission is that something in this blog INSPIRES YOU to ASPIRE FOR MORE!